As we age, our skin begins to slow down the production of collagen, leading to sagging and an overall loss of elasticity. Topical treatments such as rejuvenating masks, anti-aging serums, and overnight creams can only go so far in restoring some of the suppleness our youthful skin once possessed. Facelifts, eyelid rejuvenation, and neck contouring can successfully minimize the signs of aging, but if you aren’t ready for plastic surgery, there are several nonsurgical options to explore.
Safe, non-invasive options to restore a youthful look
At Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis, we offer a number of injectable procedures, laser skin treatments, and skin resurfacing procedures that can help you turn back the hands of time by diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring a more even skin tone, as well as improving the appearance of scars and blemishes. These treatments are non-invasive and require minimal downtime, saving your body the stress of recovering from a surgical procedure while taking years off your face.
If you’re struggling with the look of your skin as it ages, our expert team can help. We have nine physicians in charge of our skin care and laser department, which also includes a nurse injector and aesthetician. We are committed to providing considerate and respectful care of the highest quality, and work hard to provide continuity of care with our doctors. When you choose the Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis for your nonsurgical needs, you’re choosing physicians who have the skill, knowledge, and expertise to deliver nothing but the best results.
Our doctors possess cutting-edge knowledge of facial anatomy, something that is fundamental to performing safe procedures with optimal outcomes. A full understanding of the intricate web of facial muscles, nerves, arteries and more allows our providers safely to create proper proportions, different curves, and varying levels of volumization, giving your entire face a more youthful and attractive appearance.
Nonsurgical services offered
Facial rejuvenation often involves combining treatments, like injectable fillers and botox to restore volume and soften wrinkles, along with chemical peels or lasers for skin resurfacing. While these can be used together, we may recommend a short break between treatments to allow for a full recovery and any swelling to subside. When you schedule a skin analysis with our office, we’ll be able to advise you on the types of fillers and laser treatments that will be most beneficial to you, as well as what they contain and what you can expect when it comes to recovery and aftercare.
Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis is proud to offer the following nonsurgical procedures to patients across the Mid-South.
- BOTOX and Dysport: customized for every patient, and can be performed in areas involving the eyelid region, forehead, mouth, and neck to soften wrinkles caused by muscle contraction. These are used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe lines.
- Juvéderm and Restylane fillers: These two brands of fillers consist of a smooth-consistency HA (Hyaluronic Acid) injectable gel which can replace the HA your skin has lost. This collection of fillers can add volume to smooth wrinkles and folds in your face, including your cheeks, temples, and the lines from your nose and the corners of your mouth. These include Juvederm, Volbella, Vollure, Voluma, Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Silk.
- Kybella: FDA-approved treatment for double chins that requires no surgery or incisions.
- Latisse: prescription treatment for hypotrichosis, or inadequate eyelashes, which helps them grow longer, fuller, and darker.
- Radiesse and Restylane hands rejuvenation: while filler injections are frequently used on the face for plumping and resculpting results, its benefits are ideal for long-lasting hand rejuvenation as well.
- Chemical peels: Our clinically-researched formulations help reduce the depth of surface lines, smooth rough texture, treat discoloration and redness, and clean blemished skin, all without the downtime that is often associated with chemical peels.
- OxyGeneo: provides gentle exfoliation, natural skin oxygenation, and deep facial rejuvenation simultaneously with an infusion of essential revitalizing nutrients.
- Laser Resurfacing: The Lumenis Resurfx Laser resurfaces your skin to treat wrinkles, spots, and scars.
Laser skin treatments
- Laser hair removal: Lumenis LightSheer Laser offers a unique and effective solution for permanent hair reduction, providing the best results with maximum comfort.
- Pigment & Vessels: The Lumenis M22 laser is able to treat more than 30 skin conditions, including hyperpigmentation, age spots, facial vessels, and rosacea.
In addition to these nonsurgical solutions, we also offer a range of exceptional skin care products, including:
- ZO scientific skincare solutions
- SkinMedica line of products
- PCAskin line of products
- Biocorneum silicone scar treatment
- NeoStrata Refine Antiaging Glycolic Acid
- Revitabrow Advanced, a top-selling, award-winning brow enhancing conditioner
- Revitalash Advanced, an ophthalmologist developed lash conditioner that enhances the look of lashes and protects against breakage, while also improving their health, flexibility, and strength
Knowing when it’s time to take the next step
As successful as our nonsurgical procedures are at restoring a youthful appearance, there may come a time when cosmetic surgery is a better option. Our surgeons may suggest this if:
- you desire more dramatic body sculpting
- you have significant loose or sagging skin
- you prefer a one-time procedure to achieve desired results
- both you and your current provider agree that surgery will better achieve your desired changes
Choose Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis for all your nonsurgical needs
Have you been looking for a way to rejuvenate your skin and lessen or eliminate the effects of sun exposure, aging, or other environmental factors, but aren’t ready for cosmetic surgery? Our nonsurgical options could be just what you’re looking for. These injectable fillers, skin resurfacing procedures, and laser skin treatments are safely administered by one of our expert providers, and can improve fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin while adding volume and softness to the face. If you’re unhappy with the look of your skin and want to learn more about what nonsurgical options are available to you with Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis, we invite you to contact our office to schedule a skin analysis and consultation by clicking here or calling 901.295.7479.