PSG Office Update
Our entire team here at Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis assures you that we have highlighted all of our precautionary standards and procedures to maximum levels to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients as we learn more out COVID-19 (coronavirus) during this uncertain time.
Rest assured that Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis is following all the strict guidelines, recommendations and regulations of the State Department of Health, Center for Disease Control, as well as the World Health Organization as we receive updates on an hourly basis.
We’re prepared to close our office and follow any quarantine guidelines as they become available in the upcoming weeks.
While we continue to practice universal precautions and observe strict sterilization practices as we always do, we’re taking extraordinary measures to disinfect the common areas in our office as well.
We have significantly increased the frequency of cleaning and wiping down of countertops, patients check-in areas, door handles, bathroom facilities, waiting room seat arms and all other common points of contact.
We’re asking our own office staff to stay home if they have any symptoms suggestive of a cold, flu, or respiratory illness.
To protect you, we’re asking that if you have traveled within the past 30 days or if you have been potentially exposed or experience flu-like symptoms to please cancel your appointment with us.
If you’re feeling sick, we ask you to please contact your primary care physicians or local hospitals for screening and treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’re here to assist you in any way.
Thank you for understanding, and please be safe.
PSG Coronavirus Memorandum
To our patients/families, referring providers and community:
Due to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, the Plastic Surgery Group of Memphis is working with our business and medical community to assist in minimizing the spread of the virus. While we remain committed to providing the best medical care for all our patients, we are actively working to protect our patients, staff and community from any avoidable exposure to the virus. Please be aware of the following precautionary requests and temporary changes to our clinical schedule for the upcoming weeks or until further notice:
1. Unless emergent, we ask that patients who have any of the following symptoms to call and reschedule their appointment: fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater; dry cough; sore throat; shortness of breath or trouble breathing. Patients will be screened upon entering the building premises at 80 Humphreys Center.
2. We are requesting all patients and visitors wear a face covering to their appointment.
3. Please complete our new patient form prior to your visit to reduce your wait time.
4. If you have traveled domestically or internationally within the past 14 days or if you have come into close contact with someone under investigation for or diagnosed with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), then please call to reschedule your appointment.
5. Non-urgent/elective appointments may be rescheduled for beyond 2-4 weeks from now.
6. Due to new restrictions from the hospitals and/or ambulatory surgery centers, elective surgical cases have been restricted and may be required to be rescheduled.
7. Generally, we will continue to see patients for non-elective, urgent care needs.
8. We ask that patients attend visits alone unless they are a minor or require the assistance of a care provider.
9. To the extent possible, all insurance, financial, and scheduling matters will be handled over the phone.
10. No sales representatives or other unnecessary persons or visitors should be in the office during this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this temporary crisis and look forward to continuing as your care provider. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
11. All surfaces will be disinfected thoroughly during the day.